We partner with you to contribute to a growing, competitive, transformed and climate-resilient agricultural sector.
Choose between a ﬁxed monthly fee or a pay-as-you-use option that gives you access to a relationship banker, world-class digital banking channels and beyond banking resources.
Explore our full range of local and global transaction solutions for your business, including cash, card and online payment services.
Manage your surplus money and ensure that your investment choices give you an optimal return while also meeting your working capital and liquidity needs.
Get the best financing solutions to fund equipment, agricultural property or operational costs for seeds, fertilisers, labour and maintenance.
Protect your agribusiness and assets against risks like natural disasters and price fluctuations.
Energy and water
Waste and recycling
- Current accounts with seasonal overdraft facilities or a short-term loan.
- Agricultural production loans to finance production inputs such as fertiliser, seed and diesel.
- Debtor and trade finance to help maintain a constant cash flow.
- Structured finance solutions, including export credit finance.
- An instalment sale agreement to help you buy moveable assets.
- Medium-term loans to help you grow your business by buying livestock or establishing new orchards.
- Global commodity finance.
- Nedbond – a long-term loan with a repayment term of up to 15 years to help your business buy additional property or to improve existing assets.
- Renewable energy and efficiencies – to mitigate the impacts of load-shedding and rising energy costs.
- Sustainable agricultural transformation – to ensure that the future of agriculture remains stable by giving advice, technical help and differentiated finance solutions to aid transformation.
The agricultural sector relies heavily on energy security. Making the change from grid-tied to semi- or off-grid energy resources can enhance productivity. We can help you implement sustainable solutions through affordable finance options, giving you access to clean, reliable and affordable energy.
Access to water is vital for production in this sector. To sustain a growing dependency on produce while still maintaining your working conditions, this valuable resource must be used sparingly. We can help you invest in innovative mechanisms to enhance water efficiency and reduce your costs without lowering the quality of your produce.
Soil health is vital for any farming operation. Through partnerships with industry experts, we can help combat the impact of climate change on this valuable resource.
Through our long-standing partnership with the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF-SA), we can guide your sustainability initiatives, such as soil health and biodiversity improvements.
Some sustainability initiatives, like lime application, come at a cost. Because this is not applied every season, we can structure cash-flow-friendly finance for this initiative.
Protect your agric business and assets against risk
Get cover against a variety of risks that are specific to agribusinesses, including expensive machinery for production. We offer the following:
- A wide range of insurance solutions related to farming, including property damage, machinery breakdowns, assets like farming implements and vehicles, as well as crops, livestock and many more.
- Cover for businesses with operations related to farming, such as production and processing of plants, co-operations, storage companies and distributors.
Protect your business from debtors risk through our fit-for-purpose solution that transfers debtors risk into an insurance programme so that you don’t have to worry about a debtor missing a payment.
- Each debtor is assessed and monitored regularly to give you peace of mind so that you can focus on growing your business.
- Administration is free of charge and there are no hidden costs.
Protect your business from any direct revenue loss should you lose a key person due to death, disablement or critical illness.
- Access a guaranteed emergency fund, which ensures a stable cash flow.
- Have a lump sum paid out, which can be used to cover recruitment costs, lost billable time or to supplement a loss in sales revenue.